We are recruiting a Postdoc Researcher to work in the intersection of data science, remote sensing, and precision agriculture, with an immediate start date.
Our lab focuses on focuses on improving the understanding of complex interactions among crop, water and nutrient dynamics at field and landscape scales with the aim of enhancing agricultural productivity and improving environmental quality. We use approaches including remote sensing, geographic information system (GIS), ecosystem modeling, and machine learning.
The candidate will work on the project focused broadly on integrating machine learning with physics-based modeling for an improved understanding of crop heath and nutrient dynamics in agricultural production systems. The candidate is expected to publish research findings in international peer-reviewed journals, present research findings in conferences/meetings, generate regular project update reports, contribute to proposal development, and help with classroom instruction. The candidate will have an opportunity to work on projects that involve interdisciplinary team of researchers from various disciplines, such as agricultural engineering, computer science, and soil science.
The ideal candidates should have:
- PhD degree in agricultural, computer, and/or civil engineering; environmental science; or other related disciplines
- Strong statistical and computer-programming (Python, R, OpenCV, MATLAB, C++, etc.) skills
- Experience in remote sensing, GIS, ecosystem modeling, precision agriculture technologies
- Broad knowledge about agriculture and sensors
- Demonstrated skills in scientific writing, publications, and communication
The appointment provides flexible research focus in the areas of machine learning and precision agriculture. It is initially for one year and can be extended pending satisfactory performance. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience. The position will offer a competitive pay and full benefits as per OSU guidelines, including health care benefits.
To apply, please email CV to Dr. Sami Khanal at email@example.com.