Graduate Research Associate Position
The AgSensing Lab (ASL) in the Department of Food, Agricultural and Biological Engineering at the Ohio State University is recruiting a PhD student starting in Fall of 2021 to work in the areas of remote sensing and data analytics for sustainable agriculture.
The ASL focuses on understanding the role of agricultural practices on agronomic and environmental outcomes at field and landscape scales, using machine learning algorithms on remote sensing (i.e., satellite and drone) technologies, and ecosystem models.
Selected graduate students will work on projects that involve interdisciplinary team of researchers from various disciplines, such as agricultural engineering, computer science and electrical engineering, horticulture and crop science, and entomology. The students will also have an opportunity to work with farmers, crop consultants, and precision agriculture industries. Graduate students are expected to publish research findings in international peer-reviewed journals, present research findings in conferences/meetings, and generate regular project update reports.
The ideal candidates should have the following qualifications and experiences:
- BS or MS degree in agricultural, mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering; environmental science; computer science; or other related disciplines.
- Experience with statistical analyses and computer-programming (Python, R, OpenCV, MATLAB, etc.).
- Experience in remote sensing, GIS, ecosystem modeling, precision agriculture technologies.
- Ability to learn/adopt skills and knowledge in solving “real-world” problems.
- Creative and independent research abilities with teamwork spirit.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
Salary and Benefits: Starting salary/stipend will be competitive. The position will include full benefits as per OSU guidelines, including tuition and health care benefits.
Anticipated Starting Term: Fall 2021 (Open until filled). Applications will be reviewed as received.
How to Apply: Please email the following materials to Dr. Sami Khanal (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Detailed CV
- Academic transcripts (unofficial copies at this point)
- Unofficial GRE and TOEFL (only for international students) test scores